Friday, January 21, 2011

Easy Valentine's Day Wreath

I was going to title it "Easy Cheesy Valentine's Day Wreath," but I'm trying to cut down on my usage of cheesy this time of year.  I tend to over-use it.

Anyway, I have had this basic plain vine wreath for quite a while.  I bought it 50% off at Joann's, and then come each holiday I just stick something different on it.  It takes maybe 5 minutes and makes the orange door even happier.

So here's our Valentine's Wreath. . .
What I did was:
I took some red embroidery floss and tied on a skeleton key and an old wooden heart I had lying around [that sounds funny] and tied them onto the wreath.  Then I pinned on a little orange heart I needle-felted a couple days ago.  Easy Cheesy!  I mean easy peasy.

Ahem, yes.  I am aware that the wreath is not longer centered in the "after" picture.  Whoops.
 You could make something very similar with a little heart-shaped button [they have them at Joann's], a skeleton key, and a heart cut out of felt.  Or, if you want to try needle-felting, you can pick up a KIT and watch THIS tutorial on how to felt a heart.

4 comments:

  1. Nawww cute! I wasn't even aware that people HUNG wreaths in the US for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't think it's an American tradition or anything ;). I just like having a wreath too much to take it down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am going to make one! i have the wreath in the garage waiting for me ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'd love to see how it turns out :).

    ReplyDelete