Monday, January 24, 2011

Bathroom Blues

As you may remember from a previous post, I painted the bathroom blue.  Granted, it's a GORGEOUS, warm, spring-time blue, but it's still blue.

I'm having second thoughts.
And third thoughts.
In fact, I've been re-thinking it ever since I painted it.


Now I'm thinking I'd like it better white.  Crisp, clean white with lots of colorful accents.  Sounds vaguely familiar. . . oh yeah, it's how I've done almost every other room in the house except the bedroom and the hobbit's [my husband's] office.  I prefer to think of it as cohesive instead of redundant.

Imagine something more like this. . .
 image via Design Sponge
but with a little more color in the accents.
And I still have to cover or remove the sliding mirror doors that hide the water-heater, and figure out how to re-do the grout and caulk for the tile tub surround.  Also all the trim needs to be replaced. .  .
sigh.

Someday I'd love to get rid of the tile, put in a clawfoot tub and a wall-mounted sink and so on. . . which, of course, costs money I don't have right now!

What do you guys think?  Should the blue stay or go?
I love the black and white linoleum [same as the kitchen], but that's pretty much the only thing I'm loving in there. 

I'm not just sitting around pondering the bathroom blues though.  Yesterday and today I was hard at work on a fun project for the art corner of my office.  I'll be revealing it soon!

3 comments:

  1. I looked back at your original post about the bathroom and noticed that you referred to the blue as aqua. I love aqua/turquoise/teal, but in the picture it looks more like baby blue. Maybe a different shade would suit you better? In my experience, blues are very hard. I painted my living room 5 times in different shades of blue before abandoning the blue color scheme all together. Personally, I love color. It just makes me happy and painting has a huge impact for not a lot of money. I don't have a white room in my house. I'm feeling you, though, on accenting with pops of color. I do have neutral rooms (gray, brown and honey) that I love accessorizing with color. Your bedroom with the yellow bed is one of my favorite examples of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth!
    Yes, it is definitely more of an aqua color, which I love too. I think it's just that it's a small room and it might be too much aqua for me, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how the whole room looks (and I am a huge fan of white rooms...in magazines, not in my kid-friendly real life), but the picture at the top makes me want to pause and breathe more deeply. What a lovely color!

    ReplyDelete